Monday, October 24, 2011

Thumbsucker?

Ever since my little Hanny was about 4 weeks old (she is 8 weeks tomorrow), she has been finding her thumb.  I can't figure out if it's by accident or if she really tries to look for it.  It's not like it happens every day, in fact, it happens once or twice a week.  She fully relies on her unkies (pacifier) right now, so maybe that's why?  I think when she is desperate and doesn't have an unkies nearby, she sucks her thumb.

I am curious to see if she will be a thumbsucker or not.  I was one for a long...long time.  Is it wrong that I hope she is, only because I think it's so darn cute?? My niece is an avid thumbsucker and she is stinkin' adorable.  Matt gets worried because all he sees is braces, dentist visits, and worst of all...green dollar signs :)  

I guess we will see as the months go by...

Did I mention that my baby is 8 months old tomorrow???  Where the hec has the time gone?  It seems like just yesterday I was complaining of indigestion, contractions, and lower back pain.  Now, I am watching this little human grow every day. She is smiling all day long, can hold her head up almost 75% of the time... it still bobs around :)  She can also turn onto her side which just happened recently.  One night she must have been dreaming because I saw her smile really big and then giggled??  I take pictures of everything...some days I just keep the camera in my back pocket because I don't want to miss one smile!

We look forward to what each day brings :)  We have her 2 month doctor's visit on Halloween.  She gets all her vaccines...  I think I'll cry!!  I can't bear to hear her crying hysterically, it just kills me.  I'll also be curious to see how much she weighs... I am guessing around 10 lbs.

That's all the updates I got for now.  Here are some cute pictures.


Sucking her thumb on daddy's chest after a good cry

With her Uncle Steve (soon to be new daddy)

With her Aunt Shell (32 weeks prego!) and cousin Maggie

Maggie was trying to keep her baby warm too!

I love this picture....

My little Hanny

Apparently, Matt slept like this as a baby too!  Maybe she will be an engineer?

Still likes to curl up in a ball :)




No comments:

Post a Comment