Monday, October 10, 2011

6 weeks postpartum!

Wow!  It has been a real long time since I have blogged.  It has been tough to get on here.  You can't exactly type with a baby in your arms :)  Finally, I have 2 free arms so I can update everyone on our little Hannah Mirel!

When she came home from the hospital she was a bit jaundice and had lost 1lb (putting her at 7lbs 5 ounces). We had to work on building up her weight, which we were able to...now, at 6 weeks she is almost 10 lbs!  Hannah is a bundle of joy.  She is so much fun and is such a good baby.  She only wakes up once or twice a night to be changed and fed...and that is after 4-5 hours of sleeping!  During the day she eats, stares at me, then sleeps...over and over again.

I can't believe how much bigger she is getting.  It seems like every week she looks a little different and a little bigger.  Her cheeks are my favorite!  They are so chubby, I could kiss them all day long!  She still has long locks of hair that seem to be growing even longer....I wish I could keep bows in her hair but they keep falling out!

Bath time seems to be her favorite.  Her daddy gives her a good time with the rubber ducky...he has even cracked a little smile from her once!!  I really worry she is going to think her Daddy is....well, strange... with all his weird voices and faces?!  The only problem with bath time is that Hilo constantly wants to get in and play...

Speaking of HIlo.  He has been...good :)  I can't say he has been bad, because he really hasn't been.  It's just that he is obsessed with trying to kiss her face!!  I have to keep telling him "no" any time he tries to get near her.  Anytime she cries he is right next to her trying to figure out what's wrong.  The other day, I put her in her crib while I showered.  By the time I got out, she was crying a little bit and there was Hilo!  Sitting right at her crib.  He is constantly trying to take her burp clothes, clothes, socks, and receiving blankets....only so that he can take them to his bed and smell them.  Just this morning, I had her blanket laid out on our bed...  only it had a big black dog sleeping on top of it.  As "good" as he is...  sometimes he gives Mommy a heart attack...like when he tries to "play" with her by dropping his slobber infested tennis ball in her lap while she is sleeping...

Everything is really going amazing.  Matt and I have so much fun with her and she has brought so much happiness to us.  I didn't know you could love someone so much until she came into the world.  Every day we are constantly thanking God for the gift He gave us.  We are so grateful that he gave us a healthy, beautiful, amazing baby for us to care for.  Now...if only He could get us a big smile from her!!

1 comment:

  1. Steve and I can't stand how cute she is! I especially love her lips and Steve loves her eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete