Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Hannah?

Needless to say, I am more than excited to have our little Hannah welcomed into the world.  I am anxiously awaiting her arrival, I can't take it anymore!!  Knowing our luck, we may have a Hurricane Hannah.  I can see her coming at the worst possible time, either right before Matt's Fantasy Football Draft (tomorrow) or during the worst storm to hit NJ and PA in 50 years (Sunday).  I'd be fine if she waited till after both so that Matt isn't working on his football draft while I am screaming in labor and so my mom can make it to the delivery room instead of being stuck in flooded waters on her way over!

I had my 39 weeks and 4 days appointment today.  Matt was able to come with me which I was SO happy about.  I woke up feeling very strange...almost like they were going to send me to the hospital from my appointment--- I think I was just hopeful. I cleaned the entire house and loaded up the truck with our hospital bag and pillows.  They did an internal exam on me and we found out I was only 1 cm dilated-- which was an improvement from last week (my cervix was closed).  I must be honest, though, I was very disappointed.  I have been working SO hard to get things going!!! I have been on brisk walks everyday, Matt shoves spicy food down my throat, I have gone swimming, and even done squats!!  My doctor told me that they don't like to induce labor for first time mom's until 41 or sometimes even 42 weeks!!  I was kind of happy about that because I would like to go on my own...but 1-2 weeks just seems so far away!

I think I have to realize that this will happen all in God's timing (thanks Shell for reminding me).  I can't chose her birthday, as badly as I'd like to.  I should just enjoy these last few days with my husband and a quiet house :) because things will never be quiet again!!  I need to be patient and know that there is a reason she is still in there--- and I guess it's not the stubborn Egyptain gene that I have blamed this whole time!

So... maybe we will have Hurricane Hannah?  Or maybe a Labor Day Hannah?  We shall see! Here are some belly shots over the span of my pregnancy.  It's funny to see that some earlier weeks I was bigger than later weeks?  Hannah must have been positioned differently that time. I also don't feel like I have gotten any bigger in the past few weeks-- but, I think that is because she is VERY low.  She is at zero station which means her head is engaged in the pelvis and at the top of the birth canal, so her entire body is not "seen" in my belly. It starts at 15 weeks and  goes till 39 (a picture for every 2 weeks) Enjoy!


















































No comments:

Post a Comment