Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Less than 20 days :)

It's been awhile since my last update, I know.  My apologies!  I have been busy at work and by the time I get home, I am just done for the day.  Hmm where do I start?

I have had a ton of doctor's appointments since my ultrasound at 32 weeks.  Starting at 35 weeks, they see you every week.  Every single time I have gone, everything has been perfect!  The baby's heartbeat is in the 130's; she is still head down and low; my blood pressure and weight are where they should be.  Everything is going wonderful!  I am just feeling very large, uncomfortable, and yes...I waddle now.  Matt calls me whiza, which is Arabic for duck!  I am still getting braxton hicks about every hour.  For those of you who don't know what it feels like--- the entire lower half of my belly gets rock hard for a few seconds.  There is a lot of pressure and then it subsides.  It's a very strange feeling--  I am now worried what it will feel like when I am in labor!  Speaking of labor... this morning was interesting.  From about 3am-6am I had some cramping in my belly and contractions. I thought for sure I was going to have to call the doctor.  The weird thing was that the cramping didn't coincide with the contractions.  I slept it off eventually and was fine later in the morning.  Luckily, I had a doctor's appointment today so I quickly brought it up.  The doctor said I will start feeling weird pains and my contractions will probably begin to get a bit more uncomfortable...considering I only have 2.5 more weeks till my due date!

Our home and nursery are all ready for baby. (I'll show pictures of the nursery on my next blog post). I had my shower on July 29th which was absolutely wonderful.  I received a ton of things I really needed and a lot of adorable outfits!  Thank you to my amazing family for throwing me such a special night!  I really felt so blessed.  My Mom slept over that night so that the following day we could focus on nursery organization and putting together baby essentials.  We also went out and got diapers, wipes, etc.  We had so much fun!  That night, Matt and I went to Babies R' Us and cleared our registry of things we needed for the baby's arrival.  So we are all ready!  All I have left to do is wash everything and pack our hospital bag. 

This past Sunday we went on a tour of the maternity ward at Grandview Hospital.  It was awesome.  We were so surprised at how nice all the rooms were...and the nurses were all fantastic!  We learned a lot and felt more comfortable about where we were going to be delivering.  It was nice to see everything because now we can really visualize how labor & delivery will go!

We also finished our Labor & Delivery class that we had been attending.  The last class we had was the best.  It was the most informative!  There was none of that weird relaxation breathing and birth scripts that Matt hated.  I am so glad I went to these classes because it made me ready for trying to go "natural"!  I learned the right way to breathe, different positions, and the different stages of labor.  It should be interesting! I hope I can do it without the epidural...I guess we will see :)

Not to much else going on.  Friday is my official last day of work---WOOHOO!  I couldn't be more excited, can I tell ya?  I am counting down the days, hours, and minutes till I peal out of the Asplundh parking lot and never look back. 

Now that I will be home, I will be able to update this thing more frequently!!  For now, here is a lovely picture of me that was taken last night. 


37 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment