So...after having my sweet Hannah sleep beside me in her bassinet for 6 weeks, I decided to put her in her crib. She has been a great sleeper all along, I can never complain! I get about 4-5 hours of sleep before she is hungry again, and then she goes back to bed for another 2 hours...I'd say I am one of the lucky mommy's!
I loved having her next to me during the night because I felt like I needed to check on her every now and again to make sure her blanket wasn't covering her face, that she was breathing (I know, I am ridiculous), and to be able to put her unkies (pacifier) back in her mouth if she was fussing. She is just too little...I couldn't bare putting her in this huge crib all alone!
Lately, I have felt like she has outgrown her bassinet. She thrashes around in there, kicking and wiggling...it keeps us all up including her! A couple nights ago---and the reason I decided to put her in the crib---I woke up and she had kicked herself all the way to the back of the bassinet and her face was up against the side of it. Let's just say my heart stopped! She was of course fine, but it traumatized me. I tried one more night with the bassinet... and once again she kicked the sides all night long and just seemed uncomfortable. They really don't make those mattresses too comfy. It's a thin piece of cotton covered with a sheet basically...
So, anyway...that's why she is now in her crib. I had to do it sometime...right?? Matt won't let me be a Mom who allows their 5 year old in their bedroom at night... so that's that :) She did great! I cried out of pure fear that she was going to die of SIDS or suffocate herself with the sheet...(what?). But, she did awesome! She barely moved the entire night...only woke up once to eat! She slept 6 hours straight. I couldn't be more relieved :)
I can't believe how fast she is growing. It's unbelievable how time is just flying by. Matt was holding her last night and she was no longer this tiny little peanut that curled herself up into a tiny ball on your chest! She is almost 10 lbs of cuteness and growing by the minute.
In other news, Hannah smiled!!!
Here are some pictures from the past week ;)
 |
| Just woke up from a little nap..so happy to see Mommy :) |
 |
| Hilo wanted to play and literally dropped his nasty ball in her lap. I had a heart attack... |
 |
| Smile!! |
 |
| Tired of Mommy taking pictures |
 |
| She really is such a happy baby... |
 |
| Very alert nowadays |
 |
| She loves her sleep just like her Daddy |
 |
| Big girl!! |
 |
| We love our peanut!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment