Wednesday, November 2, 2011

2 months old!

My baby Hannah is two months old.  9 weeks ago I delivered a beautiful, long haired, Egyptain babe!  I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone by.  She is changing right before my eyes...it seems like every week she does something new!  This past month she has learned:
  • smiling
  • rolling onto her side briefly
  • very alert--looks all around
  • knows voices--looks for me when I talk to her
  • can grab onto a raddle or tiny ring toy on her play mat
  • sleeping through the night!
  • sucking her thumb/hand
  • can hold her head up really well....until it starts bobbing

Just two months ago she was a cute little lump that just curled up on your chest and barely moved.  I remember having Matt call the maternity ward at the hospital to find out if it was okay that my baby slept so much.  I was worried that there was a problem!! Now, I try desperately to get her to sleep sometimes :)  

Hannah had her two month pediatrician visit a few days ago.  That was traumatic for both her and me!  Matt came with me just in case I needed "support".  Why? you ask?  Because, they gave her several different vaccines that made her cry a cry I had never seen before.  It was so sad... it was the first time I saw her in pain and there was nothing I could do about it.  It was a cry I never want to get used to.  When she gets hysterical, she holds her breath (horrible, I know)...so the nurse told us to blow on her and she will stop...it worked!  Luckily, I have had practice with babies holding their breath with my nephew!  She was fine after her mommy picked her up and hugged her tight....and Matt had to hug me!  Before the vaccines, she was weighed and measured.  Our little peanut weighs 10lbs, 14oz!!  It's fun to hear how much she is growing.  She has completely outgrown her newborn clothes and almost outgrown her 0-3 month clothes (believe it or not).  We have also had to loosen her car seat straps several times.  She went through a major growth spurt at 8 weeks old.  She demanded breast milk every 45 minutes-1 hour.  Let's just say I didn't shower, change out of pajamas, or eat for 2 days straight.  She barely slept too because she just wanted to eat!!  But, we got through it...  can't wait for the next one!  

Back to the vaccines...  she got her first fever as a reaction :(  So sad.  She was very fussy for a couple days and ran a fever of about 100.5 for 2 days.  I had to give her infant's tylenol for the first time!!  She is feeling better now...

That's all I have to update!!  Enjoy some pictures from the past week... look how much she has grown! 


I can't believe how little she is here...

...and how big she is here!

She was a ladybug for Halloween

She still loves her bath time...especially when Daddy gives it to her

First snow!! In October?

She loves her hand! and fingers!

She grabbed those toys all by herself...I was so proud!  I think she was terrified of what happened.

No one gets smiles out of her like Daddy does
I can't get enough of her smile!

We love her...







No comments:

Post a Comment