Sunday, May 6, 2012

4 month's closer to a year!

My, oh my.  Where has the time gone?  Can my little, Egyptain princess really be 8 month's old??  I am sad that she is no longer a little, brown lump that curls up in my chest, but am also having so much fun with her!! I have found this to be my most favorite age (so far).  

Let me tell you all the new things she has been doing!

We have had a very hard month. Very hard.  Hannah was fussy 6 out of the 7 days each week... all day...for weeks.  It was terrible. She wasn't tired. Wasn't hungry. Wasn't wet. Wasn't dirty. Wasn't cold. Wasn't hot. Wasn't sick. I took her to the pediatrician 3 times (this is no joke).  They checked her lungs, her belly, her ears, her throat, and her gums...nothing. I just stared at the doctor begging him to give me a reason as to why she is fussy!  FINALLY, the second time I went...I saw a different doctor.  She was wonderful.  She, of course, didn't find anything wrong with her but decided to run a urine test to rule out a UTI.  Sure enough... she had a UTI!  Not only that, but after having severe diarrhea and diaper rash because of the antibiotics...she started teething too.  

She has two teeth!! That was a rough couple of days when the two teeth cut.  The first one cut and that was the worst...the second cut a week later and she actually bled a little bit! She seriously looks a-dorable. She is now feeling SO much better.  The past 3 days have been so great.  

She is currently baby babbling--- not too many "ma-ma's" but lots and lots of "da-da's".  Which, by the way, makes no sense to me!! I am the one who is home with her all day, feeds her, changes her, soothes her....sigh.  It's okay though, because it's just so gosh darn cute when she says it!  It makes me smile every time she starts babbling (that is a lot of smiles!) 

Hannah loves to smile at strangers.  Anytime we are at the check-out line in Target or Giant (our two favorite places to be), she smiles to the cashier right away.  Love it.  When Matt walks in the door, Hannah opens her mouth real wide and lets out a huge smile and squeal.  It melts my heart!! But don't let those smiles fool you... if I wasn't in her view at all times, there would be a huge meltdown. Someone has a bit of separation/stranger anxiety..... she won't stay in anyone's arms too long without reaching back for me. It doesn't matter who it is!  Makes me feel special but at the same time...I feel bad for the person holding her!! I hope no one is offended :)  The girl just needs her ma-ma!  

She has been on a wonderful schedule these days.  She takes 2 naps/1.5 hour each.  Makes for a nice little break for me so I can catch up on my "A Baby Story", "I survived...", and other non-sense television shows that I am too embarrassed to share ;) She is sleeping amazing at night, too!

She sits up, can sit back up from being on her belly, can get on all 4's and rock...  but, she still hasn't figured out how to crawl. I honestly thought she would be crawling by now since she was showing signs at like 6 months!  She has mastered the "army crawl" wonderfully. She gets really far with that one--- she is mostly motivated for the long distance army crawl when she sees Hilo's tennis ball or bone in sight.  YUCK.  Don't worry, I intervene before she starts gnawing on a toilet water infested tennis ball or a soggy, wet bone. 

She completely reaches for people now.  If she is crying or fussy... she will reach her arms out for Matt or I.  It's adorable and I love it!  

Hmmm..what else.  She learned a lot this month! Oh.  She can stand, with support, against furniture or a toy.  Let me tell you, she LOVES this.  Pure excitement noises come out of her!!!

Hanny eats 3 solid meals a day plus 3-4 bottles. I try to get her to start eating finger foods, but she hasn't figured it out yet. She just grabs a handful and then it gets stuck in the palm of her hands...which she then reaches out to feed Hilo.  (Side note: the second I put Hannah in her high chair...Hilo shows his loyalty by standing right by her side.)

I think that's it... did I mention she gained 2 lbs in one month? It's true.  She is our little chunkers :) Weighed in the other day at 18.9 lbs!! 2 weeks before that, 17.9. She is in size 3 diapers still but probably pushing a size 4 by summer time. 

We are really looking forward to summer, baby swim suits, splashing in the pool, beach trips, and hanging outside!!  

Enjoy some pictures!



Loves to annoy Daddy when he is working...so does mommy!!

At least she loves going to the dr.!  There is paper to play with at all times!

Peek-a-boo!!

"Sigh..."  It looks like Hilo is eating her hand, but he isnt.   She LOVES feeding Hilo.

Big girl eating at a restaurant in a big girl high chair!

Does she get any cuter???

It was nearly impossible to get a good picture!! But, I thought these came out adorable/funny!

"Alright, mom...enough with the pictures!"


I can rock back and forth in this chair!!

My chunky monkey!!

Love her!

Andrew & Beth sent her this blanket and lamb for Easter...so soft and snuggly!


More playing on daddy!

We get outside whenever it's warm :)



out of all the toys...

Our trip to washington dc


I thought this was a good family picture for Easter! We don't get many...

Cousins!!!  





2 comments:

  1. Okay, these are seriously too cute! Aunt Laura's fav is the one of her at Cal Tort....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word!! She's adorable and I can't wait to see her on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete