Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hannah's Baptism

On January 15th (this past Sunday), our little Hannah was baptized! It was a very special day for us (and her).  We only have three pictures from the day... I am so horrible when it comes to picture taking!  Our little nephew, Trevor, did a great job capturing the moment. 

Getting ready to start church!  
My photographer!! He is a cute one :)


The morning started off a bit rough... I waited till last minute to clean, cook, and get ready for the day!  So, I was really scrambling around trying to get Hannah's dress ironed (yes, I iron her clothes), my clothes picked out, soup made in the crock pot, dishwasher unloaded, try to get her to nap (failed), and try to feed her (failed).  I was terrified that she was going to be a fuss bucket as our Pastor dripped the water on her head... a hungry/sleepy baby is no fun!!  I envisioned Hannah crying, swatting her arms, and arching her back in front of the entire congregation... and they were supposed to accept her as the Covenant child!!  By the Lord's blessing...she was a gem.  I don't know why I am not more confident in her.  Every time something like this occurs where I need her to be happy and not a fuss buckets...she goes above and beyond!! She was such a good girl :)

The rest of the day was spent at our house.  My whole family and Matt's family (minus Andrew & Beth) were there.  It was such a nice time and we were so glad to be able celebrate such a special day with our family!!  

2 comments:

  1. A special day for a special girl. And I love your photographer - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we could be at your house! Loved seeing a picture from the ceremony:)

    ReplyDelete