Thursday, February 2, 2012

5 months old!

You are 5 months old now, little Hannah!

Boy, oh boy did your Mama have a hard time getting your 5 month old picture taken.
You were obsessed with the paper!  But, I loved how these turned out because it perfectly explains your personality right now.




This has been your favorite activity lately, finding anything and everything to suck on!! This includes, Mama's hair, Daddy's nose, and everything else in arm's reach.  
Luckily, I was able to get a couple of cute pics...signless!  This first picture...you were reaching for the sign your Mama put away.

This past month we have been working hard on your sleeping skills.  I must not be a good "sleep trainer" because you'd rather be playing with your feet *in your crib* than sleeping. You have decided on a new bed time which I will never fight you on-6:30- and you sleep till around 7:30am after waking only once to eat around 5am.  You do wake up once or twice in your sleep but you cry (I mean, drift) back to sleep within a few minutes. You take 4 naps a day, each about 30 minutes long...although, sometimes you get lucky and we take a nap together and you sleep for almost 2 hours!
Your favorite activity with Daddy is bath time!  You splash your feet through the water and squeal with delight when Daddy turns the shower head on. Daddy also calls this time "silly songs with Daddy".  (If you know Matt...you understand why). Sometimes I will peek in and Daddy has you "swimming". He says he is starting you early so that by the summer you will be splashing through the waves at LBI. Mama disagrees.
My favorite thing you have accomplished this month is rolling!  For three days straight, you would practice every chance you had---bedtime, in the middle of the night, nap time, play time, in Mama's lap!  It wasn't until just a couple weeks ago that you were able to finally get onto your belly from your back.  But, the whole house knows when you have rolled because you do.not.like. being on your belly and you are stuck!!  The first time you rolled you were soo proud of yourself and I was so glad I was able to capture the most perfect picture.  I was so proud of you!

You spend a lot of time in your exersaucer now that you have figured out that it is a circle of toys---fun toys!  You sometimes get frustrated, though, because you can't quite get your entire mouth around the toys to suck on.  Luckily, Polly the Parrot has long enough hair for him to be drooled on.  





You are full of giggles these days!  I can get you to laugh on command and it brings me such joy....although, there isn't quite as a good of a giggle until Daddy has you!  For some reason, you are most ticklish in your belly right under your ribs... I get you every time!

You had your very first snow storm this month.  It was so much fun getting you all bundled up in your snow suit (even though it was way too big).  I laid you right in the snow and you smiled from ear to ear.  You were fascinated by all the snow flakes and kept trying to catch them with your little tongue.  




You reach for everything!!!  
Your new "toy" is Hilo.  He loves you to death and is constantly laying next to you.  You rolled into him once and he wasn't sure what to do...so he gave you wet kisses.  Then...Mama bathed you.




You are such a blessing to us, little Hannah.  You make us laugh so hard and you just can't get any cuter.  We are able to play with you now that you can hold toys...and reach for them, so it makes for such a fun day.  Your giggles and smiles just do your mama and daddy in and we hope they get brighter and louder.  We are looking forward to what next month will bring!  It seems like every day you develop a new skill to show off. You are already trying so hard to sit on your own--you are almost there!

Now...to get you to lengthen your naps :)




1 comment:

  1. This is precious and so her right now. I just love those beginning shots of her with the 5 mo. box - -totally adorable, Kar. Love her!!!

    ReplyDelete