Where do I begin? I feel like our lives have been in a complete whirlwind lately. We are here, there, home, at work...everwhere! Our schedule becomes booked from now until the middle of summer every year. I don't know how it happens! You think on Monday that the upcoming weekend is going to be one full of laziness, tv watching, rest, and relaxation but it rarely happens. I probably shouldn't complain because my life is about to get much, much, much more busy in about 17 weeks!
I'll begin with last week. We had another pre-natal appointment, which I always am excited for. The Dr. checked the heartbeat and my vitals. I gained 6 lbs since my last appointment 4 weeks ago... ew! Oh well, it's worth it. The heartbeat was perfect. That sound will NEVER get old EVER. My next appointment will be May 24th. I have been feeling awesome lately. I haven't had anymore "round ligament pain" which is great. I can just feel myself getting large. I even feel the baby getting large! She is moving consistently every day. It's no longer flutters...now they are thumps. It's awesome... she kicks for about 5 minutes straight and then rests. I love feeling those movements, although it does kinda freak me out. I haven't had any symptoms these past 2 weeks. Just movement, weight gain, and a bigger belly. Matt and I are trying to work on our nursery. We picked out a few samples from the paint store and hated every one of them. It's hard picking out the perfect yellow...it's either too light, too bright, or too mustard-y. I might try a shade of green next time :) Here is a belly picture from last week. Time for some more maternity clothes!

Last week Asplundh had their monthly "Employee of the Month" meeting. During these meetings, many different awards were presented. I was actually awarded something!!! It's called the Family Circle Award. I got it for excellence in work. It's kinda funny though, because I am late every day for work...leave early most of the time...and pretty much sit at my desk with my eyes closed because I am so tired. But, I will take that plaque and that $500 gift card :) I'll be getting myself a new camera, some maternity clothes, and maybe a little something for my amazing husband. I am quite proud of myself! Can you tell?
Next, I must talk about the royal wedding. I had been looking forward to this day for months!! I read every article, looked at every picture, and watched every TLC special about the royal family in preperation for this day. I learned so much! Now, I'd really like to go to England and visit all the places I have read about...I am sure Matt won't mind that! Anyway, I thought the wedding was spectacular. I DVR'd it so I could watch it when I got home from work without any interruptions. I didn't turn away for a second. It was just lovely...
Her dress was fabulous. If I could do my wedding all over again... I would have totally worn a dress like this. It was so classy, so elegant, so modest, just beautiful. It fit Kate absolutely perfectly. She couldn't have picked a better dress to be designed. Side note- I thought her sister was gorgeous!! I actually really liked that she wore white as well...very nice.
This past Sunday, Matt and I became official members of Covenant Presbyterian Church. We feel extremely proud and excited. It's been a long haul since our marriage...trying to find the right church. It seemed like every church we visited was not right...were we being too picky? We didn't know! A lot of churches have done away with communion and having the congregation open their Bibles to read scripture. This was something we longed for. There were many times where we'd wake up on Sunday and were totally unmotivated to go to church...so we didn't. We also said.."we'll go next week" or "we can do our own devotions in place of church". It was a very discouraging time for us. One weekend, my sister and brother-in-law invited us to their church to visit and we were delighted by what we experienced. Everyone at Covenant was so welcoming, so nice, so excited to see us there. Since then, we have gone every Sunday. We have made it our home and look forward to what the future brings at this church. We are thrilled!
Yesterday, Matt had surgery for his septum. The poor guy... the surgery went awesome, though! I spoke to the Dr. while Matt was in recovery and he told me that Matt's septum was one of the worst he's ever seen! It was "S-shaped"! He had no idea how he was able to breathe all this time. But, it's all fixed and straightened out...Matt did a great job. I went back there once he woke up and he looked adorable. He was sooo out of it, so funny. I have never seen him like that!! I was slightly mortified by some things he was saying to the nurse.... but it was too funny. We went home and I put him right in bed since he is supposed to be on bedrest for 24-48 hours. Who knew keeping him laid down was so impossible. Everytime I turned my head he was up doing something. He bled all day, so we had to change the bandages under his nose every hour. He even soaked through a pillow....ew. He slept really well last night and actually went to work today. He has a tiny bit of bleeding but nothing like it was yesterday. I can't wait till he is all healed and can breathe perfectly!!
Before:
After:
That's about all I got! I had a lot to cover over the past two weeks :) I will end with a cute picture of our Hilo. He has been enjoying this weather more than any of us!




Those poor pictures of Matt - -Karen Sheets!
ReplyDeleteAnd your baby bump is a bump no longer! :)