Lately, I have been feeling the baby move a lot more than I did at 16 weeks. In the beginning, I only felt her once every few days. Now it's about once a day, but sometimes every other. Also, it's no longer just a flutter feeling...sometimes I feel a little thump which is so cute. I guess she is punching or kicking! Everything I read tells me those punchs and kicks will become a lot stronger in the upcoming weeks. I can't wait to be able to feel everything and even see it through my stomach, but I am sure I will be wishing quite the opposite when I feel a kick to my ribcage.
I feel larger every week and have been gaining about 1-2 lbs a week. My appetite is pretty much outrageous...I eat everything and anything! Well, not everything... I used to LOVE buffalo wings, now I can't stand the sight or smell of them. It must be an aversion during my pregnancy. I haven't had many cravings although I do want citrus fruits at all times. In fact, last weekend I really wanted pineapple and of course it was 10pm at night...so Matt, being the most amazing husband in the world, ran out and got me an ENTIRE pineapple and a fruit salad. That really hit the spot... thanks, Matt! I never quite feel full after I eat which is frustrating and just end up raiding the fridge of whatever it holds. Here are some pics from the past few weeks. I think I have been g
18 Weeks
19 Weeks
20 Weeks
My sides have been hurting from sleeping, I think. It has helped to sleep with a pillow between my legs, it balances everything out. It has really helped! In fact, I ran out to Target and got a "Boppy" body pillow which is just glorious. I recommend it for all those pregnant women out there. It takes some getting use to but it really is so comfortable. I am sure it will help a lot more when I am a lot bigger. Not only am I in love with it, but I caught Hilo snuggling with it quite a few times. Bad dog!
I also went to Babies R' Us last weekend, with Matt, to look at all the things we will need to register for. HORRIBLE experience. I walked into the store so cocky thinking I knew it all when it came to babies, boy was I wrong! I stood there almost in tears over how overwhelming everything was! I had no idea if I needed bottles and if I did, what kind do I get? I'll need a breast pump, but do I get an electric one? I am having a girl, does that mean I have to do everything pink? What if I don't want a pink room! Do I choose yellow? But then does that make it seem like I wanted a boy not a girl? Is this car seat the safest car seat on the market? What on earth is a diaper genie?? It was terrible...and Matt was 100% worthless on this trip considering I couldn't get him away from the toys or his giggling over a breast pump :) After all that, we did end up registering. PHEW! Thank goodness that is over. Any new mom's out there, bring your mother or sister on these trips....not your husband!
Aside from my pregnancy, we had Stephen & Brilliant Improvements re-do our master shower. After a year of living in our house, we noticed a water stain on our ceiling, right below the master bathroom. The stain was getting bigger and bigger so we finally had a contractor come out and look at it. He cut a big hole in our ceiling and had a plumber fix the problem. Well, problem came back but in a new spot. My brother, Stephen, offered to give us a quote on just taking out the entire shower (since it was so old anyway) and putting in a brand new one. We decided to hire him and are so thankful we did....he did an A-W-E-S-O-M-E job on it. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful shower....I feel like I am in a resort or spa when I shower in it! We still need to finish the floor and replace the toilet and vanity, but this was a HUGE start. Thanks Steve!
That's it for now, I have my next Dr.'s appointment on the 26th so I will be sure to update you on how that goes. It should just be the routine checking of the heart beat, no ultrasound. I wish I could have an ultrasound every appointment, though!





Adorable pics, Kar.
ReplyDeleteWhere do I get the # for this contractor?!!