Dear Hanny,
It only seems fitting that this month is special seeing as this particular month marks your presence in my life on the outside just as long as you were on the inside. One might say I've known you for 9 months now, but I feel like I've known you a lot longer. 18 months, we could also argue. But maybe even longer still? Let's face it...it feels like you have been our daughter forever!! We can't imagine what life was before you---or without you. I don't want to try either! 9 months, 18 months, whatever. Truth is, you fit here. You fit in my arms, on my him, on my lap, in my heart!! Even in my sleepiest of days, I will say it every day for the rest of my life--- I love you with my whole heart!!
OK-- now that the mushiness is over. Let's talk about everything you have been doing---because, this was a HUGE month for you.
The main job you have these days is to find trouble...and to hightail it out of there as fast as you can when you find something better!
CrAwLiNg
I am still not sure how it happened. One day you were rocking back and forth on your hands and knees, the next you were the fastest crawler in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania! It took you only a few days to really figure out what to do with your hands and knees, but once you did (and you did not give up), you become the crawling expert. You crawled amazing on the carpet but once you ventured off onto the wood floor...you were shocked and confused. But, like the carpet...you figured that out too as well as the hard tile. I can sit across the room and say "come to Mommy" and you will look at me and come as fast as you can!! We love this new trick... you seem a lot happier, too, now that you can go wherever you want.
StAnDiNg
This has been by far the scariest new trick you have learned. We have received many bumps and bruises because of your new trick. You have no fear and are very brave-- so you pull yourself up on everything and anything! I have had to put up many barriers so that you don't end up with a flatscreen tv on top of you. You're most favorite place to stand is in front of the window--- you love to bang your hands against the glass and baby talk to all the birds. It has proven to be the most dangerous spot in the house because you are constantly hitting your head on the window sill due to glass wildness. This new trick has also changed your WONDERFUL napping schedule we had established just a few weeks before. You no longer want to nap in the afternoon. Why would you?? There is way too much to discover downstairs and as far away from your crib as possible.
DaNcInG
This new trick is hysterical and just downright adorable. The new play table that Mama and Daddy bought you plays a lot of music. You pull yourself up on it and will bounce up and down every time a song comes on. I am pretty sure you don't get any cuter!!!! You love music. When we have it on in the car you scream with delight and babble the entire time it's on. Maybe Daddy can play some Coldplay for you?
Those were your big milestones this month!! This is by far our most favorite month. You are SOO much fun and have been the happiest baby. You are constantly smiling and laughing and we can't get enough of you!! We are really curious as to when you will be walking!?!? We are hoping by the time we go on vacation in August :)
Love you!
Enjoy some pictures from this past month ;)
 |
| These monthly pictures are getting harder and harder! Notice the piece in her mouth... |
 |
| Looking for trouble! :) |
 |
| I snapped this as quick as I can--- good pic, huh! Love her smile :) |
 |
| I love summer clothes on her--it shows off her adorable thunder thighs!! So cute! |
 |
| Lots of standing... |
 |
| We spend a lot of our time on walks when the weather is nice! We usually walk to a nearby park. |
 |
| Cousins playing together at Aunt Shell and Uncle Steve's Memorial Day Party. |
 |
| They have such a fun swing! |
 |
| Little Cousin Maggie swinging on the hammock. She is such a good older cousin to the babies! |
 |
| We have had some fun pool days!! I love her face here because she was babbling about who knows what--but sometimes she shuts her eyes when she is really wildly babbling. |
 |
| We get stuck... alot... and cry... |
 |
| Everytime she sits she crosses her legs--- I mean, really. It does me in!! |
 |
| Our sweet peanut! |
 |
| Standing everywhere... |
 |
| The day she found the steps... |
 |
| Trouble!! |
 |
| Hanny and Hilo's favorite spot.... |
 |
| She loves her ju-ju (juice)... she will drink an entire sippy cup in one day!! |
 |
| More pool days. She LOVES the pool. She just crawls deeper and deeper into the water. |
 |
| We are slowly starting to like the swing...but still not fun. |
 |
| Loving to stand... |
 |
| This was a picture I was so glad I got---she was dancing to music!! Look at her face!!! |
 |
| I love her little feet here--she loves to play |
 |
| Swimming in cousin Henry's swimming pool :) Looks like she already outgrew it! |
Such a perfect picture journey of her at 9 months.
ReplyDeleteMy favorites: her wild hair in the pool - awesome! and that pic of her by the steps - adorable. xo