It's been a month since my last post, I know! I have been terrible at this lately. I will be better, hopefully! So much has happened since my last post....let's see, where do I begin??
Harvey Cedars Vacation
This was probably one of the best vacations Matt and I have ever been on in a very long time. It was...(sigh) awesome. We had SO much fun. Matt and I were the second couple to arrive at the beautiful house that was ours for the week...so we had the pleasure of seeing it before all the suitcases, people, sand, and wet towels. I have NEVER stayed in a beach house like this before. Everything was so new and so clean...just so nice. Once everyone arrived over the next day, we all hit the beach, shops, and restaurants. There was fishing and crabbing at the bay, bike riding to the park, and visiting Barnegat Bay Lighthouse. I was even able to have my sister-in-law sneak in some maternity pics of Matt and I on the beach (despite Matt's wishes). Every day (but one) was absolutely perfect-- not too hot and not too cloudy. When our stay was over, we felt very sad but excited for next summer!! Here are a few pictures from Harvey Cedars (some I stole from Michelle):
 |
| One night we went for seafood-- I did not partake :) |
 |
| Family picture minus a few |
 |
| Me & Matt |
 |
| The Wambolds :) |
 |
| My favorite picture of Mom & Dad from the week! |
 |
| Steve & Shell :) |
 |
Brother & Sisters
|
 |
| Matt & Steve played rock, paper, scissors to see who had to drag the cart to the beach. Can you guess who lost?? |
 |
| And some maternity pics that I loved... |
 |
| Matt being silly as usual |
 |
| Getting big!! I was 31 weeks here. |
 |
| Me and my prego sister-in-law Michelle. We can't wait for their baby in December!! Doesn't she look adorable?? |
 |
| Our house for the week |
 |
| The view! A few steps from the beach each day. |
 |
| Matt & our nephews after looking for seashells--so fun! |
Asplundh Baby Shower
My work threw me and my boss a baby shower! My boss's wife is due 2 days before me. It was soo nice and so much fun. I was shocked to see how many people came and also how many presents!! I received so many nice things: home-made blankets, a quilt, little toys, clothes, towels, etc. I felt so blessed to have such good friends and co-workers. I will miss a lot of good people when I leave here...August 12th :)
32 Week Ultrasound
Matt and I had a routine doctor's appointment before our vacation to Harvey Cedars. As the doctor was feeling around my belly he told me he could only feel half the baby. "Only half, huh??" He was 100% sure the baby had dropped, head-first into my pelvic area. He ordered an ultrasound for 2 weeks later to be positive and to make sure she was comfortable. He was also saying that the baby is probably very small (but normal) since I was measuring small for how far along I was. This all made me nervous, of course. But, it did explain why I was feeling such horrible pressure "down below". It was her head! So, after our vacation...I hit 32 weeks which meant an ultrasound for me. I went in and the ultrasound tech did an awesome job at explaining everything. The baby was very, very low but happy. She wasn't going anywhere! She was close to 4.5 lbs and pretty average...but on the smaller side. Her head was also measuring large...but nothing to be too concerned about. My favorite part was that she has hair, and lots of it!! So, my next appointment is July 19th :)
3 Year Wedding Annversary
Yup! It's been three awesome years since Matt and I said "I do!". I really can't believe it. We have done so much in those three years! We have been to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, The Bahamas, Las Vegas, Lake Placid, Minnesota, Canada, Harvey Cedars. Every single trip was amazing. Now we are expecting our first child!! It's been a wonderful 3 years and I couldn't have spent it with anyone better. I love you, Matt!!
Labor & Birth Class
Matt and I started our first labor class tonight. I LOVED it. EVen Matt said it wasn't too bad and we both really learned a lot. Our first class taught us how to relax in between contractions; some good exercises to do to prepare for labor; and the different labor stages. I am really looking forward to next Wednesday. Maybe I can get Matt to put on the empathy belly!!
I am a little over 33 weeks pregnant and am 100% uncomfortable :) I know I am not HUGE compared to other pregos...but I am definetly feeling the discomfort of heat, not being able to sleep at all, backpain, etc. Night time is probably the worst. I can't get comfortable no matter what position I am in. Once I finally fall asleep---I have to pee!! I probably run to the bathroom every hour (sometimes twice)--no joke. Since the baby is so low...the ultrasound showed she is RIGHT on my bladder and cervix. I have a ton of movement and she gets the hiccups once or twice every day. The hiccups are my absolute favorite. They are soo cute!! Now that I am 7 almost 6 weeks away, the excitement for her arrival is unbearable!! I literally can't wait. I want to meet her and hold her and kiss her cheeks! I can't wait to change her diapers, to feed her, to soothe her. I even can't wait to wake up at night with her (I know that will change!). I am so excited!!!
That's about all I have to update!
No comments:
Post a Comment